Welcome2Solutions Forum
Main Page  |  Forums  |  Register  |  Active Topics  |  Search

Username:
Password:
Welcome2Solutions Forum >> Main Forums >> General Discussion >> 2022 Ducati Panigale V4 S Review
2022 Ducati Panigale V4 S Review
Author Topic
upamfva

Forum Superstar

Posted: 12.23.2021 9:38:37

2022 Ducati Panigale V4 S Review

Nearly five years ago, Ducati took a radical step and released the Panigale V4—its first regular production four-cylinder-powered superbike. Since then, the MotoGP and World Superbike tech-laden platform has received updates almost yearly to create a more approachable machine. This year, the 2022 Ducati Panigale V4 and V4 S take the mission of a friendlier superbike to heart, with nearly every aspect of Bologna bullets tweaked, making them the most potent and welcoming versions yet.To get more news about zeroemissions, you can visit davincimotor.com official website.

For 2022, Ducati engineers honed the Panigale V4 S, refining its aerodynamics, updating chassis geometry, improved gearbox ratios, adjusted suspension setup, revised rider aids, and new ergonomics. Ducati insiders claim it all adds up to a massively powerful motorcycle deftly wielded by mere mortals and pros alike.
I packed my bags and headed to Spain’s famed Circuito de Jerez – ángel Nieto to see if these rumors of a kinder 2022 Ducati Panigale V4 S were true. While still a superbike through and through, I discovered that it is a machine that’s easier to ride for me and you in wet, mixed, and dry conditions. Now, time to get on with the Fast Facts.

The 1103cc Desmosedici Stradale 90-degree V4 engine is a work of art. Since its introduction, Ducati’s V4 engine earned its accolades fair and square, thanks to its lusty twin-pulse firing order and gyroscopic-force-defying counter-rotating crankshaft. Meanwhile, the enormous 216 horsepower at 13,000 rpm and 91 ft-lbs of torque at 9500 rpm (euro spec) grab you by the scruff and catapult you off any apex without hesitation. Perhaps Ducati’s finest trick is making those jaw-dropping power production numbers seem approachable. Its artful torque strategies and genuinely spot-on fueling allow you to control its magnificent power with greater confidence.
Subtle changes result in more performance. An updated oil pump and oil circuits are new to the fold, reducing parasitic power loss, aiding in its quick-revving abilities. In addition, the exhaust outlets are 18 percent larger to lower backpressure. Taken together, an additional 1.5 ponies were unleashed.
A quick caveat on power figures—the North American Panigale V4 makes a claimed 210 horsepower at 12,500 rpm and 90.6 ft-lbs of torque at 11,000 rpm due to EPA noise emissions rules. There is a cold reality for high-performance motorcycles stateside, as noise restrictions negatively impact peak power numbers. No superbike in the United States is immune, and it’s a case-by-case scenario as to who manages it best. To Ducati’s credit, the emissions hit barely phased the spec sheet.
I rode European spec motorcycles at Jerez. When we’re talking 200+ hp at the crank, a few missing ponies from the V4 coral probably won’t be noticed. Still, Ducati is already offering a complete race-ready titanium exhaust system by Akrapovi? that will save you 11 pounds and give you an unbridled 228 horsepower with 105 dB (102db with baffle).

W2S Database Support