Welcome2Solutions Forum
Main Page  |  Forums  |  Register  |  Active Topics  |  Search

 
Username:
Password:
Welcome2Solutions Forum >> Main Forums >> General Discussion >> What computer specs do I need to run Linux well?
What computer specs do I need to run Linux well?
Author Topic
Jhon David


Newbie

Join Date: 9.15.2026
Posts: 1

Posted: 9.15.2026 12:52:55


Hey everyone,

I''m switching to Linux soon and want to make sure my computer can handle it without issues.

I''m thinking of going with 8GB or 16GB RAM, not sure which is enough for browsing, coding, and occasional video editing. I''ve also heard AMD processors and graphics cards work better with Linux than Intel or Nvidia, especially since Nvidia drivers can be a headache. I know SSD storage is the way to go, but I''m not sure if there''s anything else Linux-specific to consider. I''ve also heard some wifi cards don''t play nice with Linux, so any brands to avoid would help.

I''ve been browsing a few options on https://www.amazon.com/ and https://www.ebay.com/ to compare prices, and someone also recommended checking out https://www.orangehardwares.com/ for parts, but I don''t know enough yet to tell if what I''m looking at is actually a good fit for Linux.

I don''t need anything super powerful, just something reliable and budget-friendly.

If you''ve used Ubuntu, Mint, or Fedora, I''d love to hear what specs worked for you.

Thanks!


  W2S Database Support