Welcome2Solutions Forum
Main Page  |  Forums  |  Register  |  Active Topics  |  Search

Username:
Password:
Welcome2Solutions Forum >> Main Forums >> Unix / Linux >> Literary Review of "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Literary Review of "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Author Topic
AlexGreg

Posted: 6.1.2023 12:37:35

Greetings fellow book lovers,

I recently read "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and I must say, it is a masterful work of literature. The novel is set in the 1920s in Long Island and follows the life of Jay Gatsby, a wealthy man who throws lavish parties in the hopes of winning back his former love, Daisy Buchanan. The novel is a critique of the American Dream, with Fitzgerald painting a portrait of a society obsessed with wealth and status.

The book''s themes of love, wealth, and the corrupting influence of power are all explored in depth throughout the novel. The character of Gatsby is a fascinating one, a man who is both deeply flawed and incredibly charming. The prose is beautiful and the book''s symbolism is both powerful and haunting.

While "The Great Gatsby" is widely considered a masterpiece of American literature, there are some who have criticized the book for its portrayal of women and its treatment of race. Some argue that the female characters are one-dimensional and exist only to serve the male characters, while others contend that the book ignores the experiences of people of color.

Despite these criticisms, "The Great Gatsby" remains a timeless classic that has touched the hearts of readers for generations. It is a powerful and thought-provoking work of literature that challenges us to examine our own values and beliefs.

To start the discussion, I pose the following questions:
What do you think the book has to say about the American Dream? Do you think Fitzgerald''s critique is still relevant today?
How do you feel about the book''s portrayal of women? Do you think the female characters are fully realized, or do they exist only to serve the male characters?
What do you think of the book''s treatment of race? Do you think Fitzgerald''s portrayal of people of color is accurate, or does it ignore their experiences?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions on this classic novel.

Susana

Posted: 6.1.2023 1:05:13

I think "The Great Gatsby" is a book that is still relevant today. Fitzgerald''s critique of the American Dream is as relevant now as it was when the book was first published, and the book''s themes of love, wealth, and power are timeless. However, I do agree that literature review service the book''s portrayal of women is problematic. While it may be true that the portrayal of women in has evolved since the 1920s, it is still important to acknowledge the book''s shortcomings in this area.

GAshjd

Posted: 6.1.2023 1:19:32

Goodreads is a popular platform for book lovers, and it''s a great place to read book reviews. You can find reviews written by other readers and also leave reviews of your own. Goodreads has a large community of book lovers, so you can trust that the reviews are honest and reliable.

W2S Database Support