Username:
Password:
Welcome2Solutions Forum >> Main Forums >> General Discussion >> Travel Apps
Travel Apps
Author Topic
Bulbbegins

Beginner

Posted: 2.1.2023 8:48:26

Just made it to Flordia from Kentucky for our very first snow bird trip. Praise the Lord everything went great and we arrived without incident and safe. I was frustrated with the travel apps and how they worked. I used RV Life to plot the RV friendly route then used Google Maps to travel with because I don’t like the RV Life GPS Nav. We occasionally used Waze as well but all three took different routes. RV Life changed original course once we left I-65 and took us on a small two lane road for 40 miles instead of US 29 which is four lane all the way to I-10. Long story to ask what is best for RV safe travel? Wish I could combine the best features from these three apps to make one I like

joelynnpamplin

Intermediate

Posted: 2.2.2023 3:43:53

We use a combination of three things - Ram GPS on the big screen, 7” Garmin RV (routes per rig dimensions, and Waze in the background.

barnebasguitano

Intermediate

Posted: 2.2.2023 4:02:43

When it comes to RV safe travel, it''s a good idea to do some research and find an app that specifically caters to RVers. Some popular options include RV Parky, RV Trip Wizard, and Campendium. These apps provide information on RV-friendly routes, campgrounds, and other useful information for RVers.
As for accommodation, many RVers prefer renting a private property or vacation home, this way you get the comfort of a home and the freedom of travel. You could consider VRBO for rental options, and save some money by using VRBO Discounts. Hope this helps and happy travels!

W2S Database Support