Welcome2Solutions Forum
Main Page  |  Forums  |  Register  |  Active Topics  |  Search

Username:
Password:
Welcome2Solutions Forum >> Main Forums >> General Discussion >> Himiway Cobra Review 2022
Himiway Cobra Review 2022
Author Topic
upamfva

Forum Superstar

Posted: 12.14.2022 9:28:14

Himiway Cobra Review 2022

After being teased for the latter half of 2021, we finally have a full review of the Himiway Cobra — the all-new full suspension electric fat bike from a company that built its reputation on long range, affordable and uber-powerful e-bikes.To get more news about himiway bike, you can visit magicyclebike.com official website.

It’s an e-bike I was admittedly skeptical of, for reasons I’ll get into more below, but despite my reservations, the Cobra has so far lived up to its hype.

In this Himiway Cobra review, we dive into the details of this full suspension electric fat bike and put it through the ringer in a gauntlet of tests and hard off-road riding to see how it stands up in the real world.
As you’d expect from an e-bike company known for power and range, the Cobra is built around a redesigned 750W rear hub motor and a 48V, 20Ah (960Wh) battery that’s fully integrated into the frame. But Himiway’s suspension design and a host of other upgrades, including hydraulic disk brakes and a torque sensor, are what really make this bike stand out.
As is usually the case with electric fat bikes like this one, the 750W rear hub motor is really the core of this bike.

As this is a new bike, the motor has fittingly gotten a redesign. This new iteration makes 86Nm of torque and is better at dissipating heat than the old motor. It’s fast, torquey and climbs exceedingly well.

Powering that motor is a 48V, 20Ah battery that’s removable and fully integrated into the frame. It’s large, and, in typical Himiway fashion, gives the bike a really solid range despite its inefficient fat tires and energy hungry motor.

The drivetrain on our review bike is Shimano Altus 7-speed with a Tourney shifter, the same setup that came on the old Cruiser.

Braking is handled by a set of Tektro hydraulic disk brakes with 180mm rotors front and rear, though Himiway’s website is more ambiguous about the type of brakes on the bike, indicating this part may get swapped out.

Suspension wise, the Himiway is a full suspension e-bike with a four bar linkage. I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised with how well this bike rides, which I have to be honest I did not expect to say in this review. My skepticism is rooted in the fact that this is Himiway’s first full suspension e-bike, they likely do not have much experience designing suspension systems and, to be totally frank, a full suspension e-bike at this price point is very hard to pull off.

See rear suspension is hard to pull off. It takes lots of engineering know-how, careful design and tactful use of materials to make a bike that feels laterally stiff and vertically plush. I’ve ridden plenty of affordable full suspension e-bikes that frankly weren’t worth the money, and another few that felt downright dangerous. But the Cobra is neither. I’m not sure if Himiway got lucky or really did put its money where its mouth is on this one, but the Cobra rides very nice.

Frame wise, the Cobra is a very large bike. Compared to other popular electric fat bikes such as the Aventon Aventure or Rad Power Bikes RadRover 6 Plus, the Cobra’s wheelbase is a full 4 inches to 6 inches longer. It’s also taller than either of those bikes, with a 32-inch standover height that’s 4 inches taller than the Aventure and 1.5 inches taller than the RadRover.

W2S Database Support